1. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- These terms and conditions are our 12 Days of Christmas competition.
- We may change these at any time so you should check this page regularly for any changes. Changes will apply from the date that they are published on this page.
- By entering the competition you are accepting that you will be legally bound by these terms and conditions.
2. THE PROMOTER OF THE COMPETITION
The promoter of the competition is Ark Curriculum Plus, part of Ark UK Programmes, registered in England & Wales as a company limited by guarantee number 05932797. Registered charity number 1137932. Registered offices for Ark UK Programmes: The Yellow Building, 1, Nicholas Road, London, W11 4AN.
3. ELIGIBILITY RULES FOR THE COMPETITION
- The cCompetition is open to all persons aged 18 and over who are residents in the UK.
- Whether any eligibility requirement has or has not been met is always at our sole discretion and we may require evidence or confirmation from entrants before awarding prizes.
- Ark UK Programmes’ employees and their immediate families (and the employees of any third party sponsors, prize providers or their immediate families) may not enter the competition.
3. ENTRY AND ENTRY METHODS
- This competition is free to enter. You simply need to visit our social media channels and enter by following the entry requirements. You will be asked to give your name, email address, school/organisation and job role. Multiple entries for the same prize will not be accepted.
- Deficient entries: In all competitions, we reserve the right to reject any entries that are incomplete or otherwise deficient. We accept no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including but not limited to calls or emails not received due to technical disruptions, network congestion, loss in service of online entry mechanisms, computer error in transit or any other reason. We cannot enter into correspondence with entrants who experience difficulties with entering online.
- Automated Entry: The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits any person to enter the competition repeatedly is prohibited.
- Names: Entrants must enter using their legal name only. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant who uses multiple names and to require them to return any prize they may have won.
- Multiple Entries. No person may enter the competition more than once and persons may not enter or participate as part of a syndicate or on behalf of any other person, syndicate, group, society or company. If we suspect that an individual has set up a fake email address and/or social media page to circumvent this rule, we reserve the right to disqualify all entries that we reasonably believe were generated by that individual.
- Prize Limits. A person can only win 1 of the 12 prizes in this competition.
- Retrospective Effect. Where an entrant or prize winner has been found to be in breach of any of the terms and conditions of the competition, we may still enforce our right to disqualify that person and require the return or reimbursement to us of any prize even where a prize has been awarded and/or actually provided to the entrant or prize winner in question.
- Inappropriate Behaviour. We reserve the right to disqualify an entrant, or to refuse or withdraw a prize, if an entrant or a winner threatens or abuses one of our employees, or otherwise conducts themselves in a manner that we reasonably regard as inappropriate, offensive or unlawful.
- We reserve the right (when reasonably required to do so) to replace the stated prizes with prizes that we consider to be of broadly equivalent value. We offer no cash alternative and prize winners must accept prizes in the form offered.
- All prize winners will be notified that they have won a prize within twenty eight (28) days of the closing date of the competition via at least one of the following methods:
- a. by social media;
- b. by email.
- Prizes will be dispatched to the winners via the UK mail service, unless otherwise stated. We will not be liable for any prizes which are lost, delayed, or damaged in the post for reasons beyond our reasonable control. Further details will be given to winners when they are notified that they’ve won.
- Prizes will be delivered to the UK address given by the winner. Should a prize winner's contact details change, it is their responsibility to notify us.
- We reserve the right to request proof of a prize winner's identity in the form of a passport or driver’s licence and proof of address in the form of a utility bill. In the event that a prize winner cannot provide us with proof of identity and/or address that is reasonably acceptable to us, we may withdraw the prize and select another prize winner.
- All prizes are subject to availability, non-transferable and non-exchangeable. Where prizes consist of attendance at events and similar time-specific benefits, they must be taken on the dates specified by us. Prize winners will forfeit any element of their prize that they do not take at the time stipulated. No cash will be awarded in lieu of that prize or any part of it.
- Any tax or other charges payable as a result of a prize being awarded or received will be the responsibility of the winner. Winners should seek independent financial advice prior to accepting a prize if this is a concern.
- We make no representation or warranty in relation to prizes provided and to the fullest extent permitted by law we shall have no liability to you in relation to any prize, its fitness for purpose, merchantability or otherwise. We reserve the right to disqualify entrants from entering our competitions or prize winners from receiving their prizes where any such person engages in unsafe, illegal, unsociable or inappropriate behaviour.
- No additional, further or other costs or expenses are included in any prize unless stated.
7. EVENTS PRIZES
Where the prize for any of our Competitions involve the winner's attendance at (or tickets to) an event, the prize winner acknowledges that we are not liable or responsible if any part of the event is cancelled, varied or rescheduled for any reason. If this means that the winner cannot attend the relevant event, we shall be under no obligation to provide any cash or alternative tickets.
8. UNCLAIMED PRIZES
- All prizes must be claimed within five (5) working days of our notification of winning.
- We reserve the right to award prizes unclaimed after these periods to alternative prize winners or not to award them at all.
- If you call to claim a prize from a "withheld number" line you must provide us with your contact details: otherwise we may be unable to contact you and you may as a result forfeit your prize.
9. PUBLICITY AND PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The required personal data collected by Ark Curriculum Plus to enter this competition is
- First and Last Name
- Email Address
- Job Role (selected from a drop-down list of generalised roles)
- School/ Organisation Name
- Entrants consent that any personal data provided will be used by Ark Curriculum Plus for the purposes of administering this competition.
- The personal data shared as part of this competition will be kept in line with Ark’s data retention policy after which the data will be securely disposed of.
- By entering this competition, you consent to receive emails about Ark Curriculum Plus products, resources, and training opportunities.
- All entrants have the right to have their personal data removed from our database which can be done by contacting ACP directly or by following the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any email received by ACP. However, if an entrant unsubscribes before the end of the competition, they will forfeit their right to claim any prize won.
- It is a condition of entry to all our competitions that we have the right to publish and/or broadcast the social media handle of entrants and winners.
- Entrants, particularly prize winners, may be required to participate in photo, recording, video and/or filming session(s). You agree that we shall have the right to use all the resulting publicity materials in any media and in any manner we see fit, unless you advise us that you wish to retain your anonymity when asked to participate.
- No fees shall be payable to any entrant or prize winner whose personal data has been used in any publicity materials as part of this competition.
11. PRIZE DRAWS
- Where any prize is awarded via a prize draw, there is no guarantee that prize winners will be chosen at random from all qualifying entries.
- If we become aware that the same person has been selected as a prize winner more than once, we will draw another name.
13. TAMPERING AND OTHER MATTERS
If for any reason any Competition is not capable of running as planned as a result of any (including but not limited to) technical failures, unauthorised intervention, computer virus, mobile network failure, tampering, fraud or any other causes beyond our control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of a Competition, we reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition and/or any draw/s or judging related to the competition and/or to disqualify any individual who (whether directly or indirectly) causes (or has caused) the problem.
15. TERMINATION OF COMPETITION
Ark UK Programmes may vary the terms of, or terminate, the competition at any time at its absolute discretion. Termination or variation of a competition is without liability to any contestant or other person. Ark UK Programmes will not award the prizes if the competition is terminated.
16. DECISIONS FINAL
- All our decisions relating to the Competition and/or redemption of the prizes are final. No discussions or correspondence with entrants or any other person will be entered into.
- Tiebreakers, disputes, conflicts, questions or concerns will be managed by us.
17. NO WAIVER
A failure by us to enforce any one of the terms and conditions in any instance(s) will not give rise to any claim or right of action by any entrant or prize winner, nor shall it be deemed to be a waiver of any of our rights in relation to the same.
18. EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
- Except as specifically set out herein and to the maximum extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we hereby exclude and shall not have any liability to any entrant or prize winner in connection with or arising out of the competition howsoever caused, including for any costs, expenses, forfeited prizes, damages and other liabilities, provided that nothing herein shall operate so as to limit or exclude our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence.
- In the event that any provision of these terms and conditions are held to be illegal, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed from the remaining provisions which shall continue in full force and effect.
These terms and conditions shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of England and Wales.